Manual Registration: Seri Mengasih Center, 75, Jalan Selangor, Tanjung Aru, 88100 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
I, including on behalf of other participants that I am helping to register for this Event (“We”), acknowledge that by signing below, that I/we am legally agreeing to the statements in the following Release and Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement.
1. I/WE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I/WE understand and acknowledge that there may be vehicle or pedestrian traffic on the course route, and I/We assume the risk of participating under these circumstances. I/We also assume any and all other risks associated with participating in this Event, including but not limited to the following: falls, dangers of collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, other participants, and fixed objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment; and hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers; and weather. I/We further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of negligent acts, omissions, and/or carelessness of the event organizer. I/We understand that I/We will be participating in the Event at my own risk, that I/We am responsible for the risk of participation in the Event.
2. I/WE WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the event organizer, event sponsors, event promoters, event producers, race directors, event officials, event staff, advertisers, property owners, volunteers, administrators, contractors, vendors, volunteers, all other persons or entities involved with the Event (“Released Parties”), from any and all claims, liabilities of every kind, demands, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential), losses (economic and non-economic), and causes of action, of any kind or any nature.
3. I/WE AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made by me or other individuals or entities, for liabilities assessed against the Released Parties, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Agreement, my breach or failure to abide by any of the race rules and information, and/or my/our actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
4. I/We hereby grant to the event organizer the right, permission, and authority to use my/our name, image, voice, and/or likeness, without compensation, captured during the Event, for any purpose whatsoever.
5. I/We acknowledge and agree that the event organizer, in its sole discretion, may delay or cancel the Event if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed or cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rain), public disaster, flood, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of event organizer there shall be no refund of the entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
6. I/We understand that event organizer reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event. Applicant expressly waives any claim for damages arising from the denial or revocation of an entry application.
7. A legal guardian who signs this Agreement on behalf of a minor (age 17 and below) hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of the minor and to legally bind minor to this Agreement.
10 KM & 3 KM Actual Run
All entrants to this event must agree with these terms and conditions, and release from liability. If you are entering on behalf of someone else, you accept the waiver terms on their behalf.
1. I understand that competing in this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart attack, dehydration, or accidents. I understand that competing in this event involves running or walking on public roads used by other people and traffic, and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, event personnel, weather conditions, and my physical and mental state of health.
2. I understand that I must not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately, my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner, and I confidently believe that I am sufficiently fit and healthy to compete in this event.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and/or recklessness and the negligence and/or recklessness of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include the organizers of the event and their associates, including agents, contractors, employees and volunteers (including medical and paramedical personnel) appointed for the event; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever; and promoters, sponsors and event organizers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organizers think desirable during or after the event.
5. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organizers (such as course supervision, event rules and the race safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
6. I consent to the event organizers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media. I consent to the use of drone aircraft directly overhead to capture images and video during the event.
7. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
8. I understand that entry fees are non-refundable.
9. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather or any other condition beyond the control of the organizers, I accept that my entry fee will not be refunded.
10. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database. These maybe used for promotional purposes by event stakeholders.
11. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organizer.
12. I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
13. If I am aged under 18 years, I will have these terms and conditions viewed and signed by my legal guardian (on physical forms) or agreed (through the online entry process) in order for me to compete in the event, and that my legal guardian will be responsible for my safety during the event.
10KM Virtual Run
- Participants who opted for the Seri Mengasih Heroes Run 2018 may do the run at any time between 8 April – 15 April 2018. STRICTLY for participants outside of Sabah and within Malaysia only.
- Once your run is concluded, you are required to upload your photo at the bottom of this page (Virtual Run Result Upload) with your Ticket No.
- The photo upload must include computer/phone screenshots of your preferred running software/apps, or photos of your wearable devices or treadmill screen that clearly show the record.
- We encourage all photos must be posted on our event page at Ticket2u.com.my within a week of the main event.
- Medals, bibs and event t-shirts will be delivered via selected courier service only after proof of mileage run is obtained (valid for 7 days starting from 8 April 2018).
- Those who have registered for 8th April 2018 Seri Mengasih Heroes Run 2018 will not be allowed to change category registration. The organizer reserves the exclusive right to amend, close, change any category or term and conditions without notice.