Vocational & Job Training
The Vocational & Job Training designed for student with developmental delays age from 16-25 years. It is a centre-based programme where student attend in small groups of 4-8 student everyday.
The Vocational & Job Training focused on employment, adult living and social inclusion and covers the following main training areas and is applicable to every one of our students:
- Communication – comprehension, non-verbal & verbal
- Personal & Social Development – self-knowledge & appropriate social interaction
- Health & Safety – knowledge, prevention & actions
- Functional Academics – writing, reading & math skills for daily practical use
- Activities of Daily Living – self-care & home management skills
- Community Skills – knowledge, access & usage of public facilities
- Work Skills – for future employment, taking into account the student’s interest & abilities
- Leisure Skills – acquiring a range of skills & managing personal leisure time
- Job Coach – training individuals with special needs aged 18 years and above, from within and outside of Seri Mengasih Centre, towards open employment (in the community)
This video from Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu recounts the story of Seri Mengasih, the resort’s EMBRACE beneficiary and a centre for children with different abilities. It is also a story about lifting people beyond their physical limitations, restoring their dignity and giving them a future they would not have had otherwise.
Find out more about Shangri-La’s Corporate Social Responsibility Projects: http://slhr.hk/11AhWRg
Living Skills Training
Student Leisure Activities
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Seri Mengasih Centre
Seri Mengasih Centre is a charity non-governmental organisation known as the Registered Trustees of Seri Mengasih Trust.