Functional Living Skills
Our special needs students do not sit for government school examinations (unless he/she is potentially able to) as our focused goals for them is employment, adult living and social inclusion, and therefore, at the core of our comprehensive training programmes is the Functional Living Skills (FLS) curriculum guide.
The Functional Living Skills (FLS) curriculum guide covers the following main training areas and is applicable to every one of our students:
- Learning Readiness – attention, focus & compliance
- Communication – comprehension, non-verbal & verbal
- Personal & Social Development – self-knowledge & appropriate social interaction
- Health & Safety – knowledge, prevention & actions
- Gross & Fine Motor Skills – for practical use in work, leisure, writing, and so on
- Functional Academics – writing, reading & math skills for daily practical use
- Activities of Daily Living – self-care & home management skills
- Community Skills – knowledge, access & usage of public facilities
- Work Skills – for future employment, taking into account the student’s interest & abilities
- Leisure Skills – acquiring a range of skills & managing personal leisure time
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Seri Mengasih Centre
Seri Mengasih Centre is a charity non-governmental organisation known as the Registered Trustees of Seri Mengasih Trust.